- Use of soil-less beds enables optimal control of irrigation and fertilization.
- The water stays in the system and can be reused – thus, lower water costs.
- Allow for simple disinfecting and higher sanitary conditions.
- It is possible to control the nutrition levels in their entirety – thus, lower nutrition costs.
- Suited for individual needs.
- Chemical and fertilizer resistant.
- Proper drainage insured.
- UV resistant.
- Withstand high temperatures and harsh weather conditions.
- Warranty depending on type of container.
- Require more complex and more intricate irrigation and control systems.
- Require more professional operating techniques.
- Do not allow for human error, as root base is smaller and more limited in soil-less media.
Types of Soil – less Media
- Rockwool, Perlite, Coconut, Volcanic Cinder.
- Available separately or combined with organic material to increase buffer.
- Recommended for individual bags, garden beds, polypropylene and Styrofoam encasements.