In some regions, artificial heating is necessary to ensure optimal growing conditions. The following factors must be considered when weighing this option:
- The heating system must be suited to the energy sources available in the area.
- The heat must be dispersed uniformly throughout the entire greenhouse, according to specific crop requirements.
- The minimum average temperature prevalent in the region.
- Expected heat loss from the greenhouse and covering.
- Temperature differences between the interior and exterior of the greenhouse.